Te Tuhi Studios are located on the platform at Parnell Station, 23 Cheshire St, Tāmaki Makaurau Auckland. There are studios for up to nine artists across four spaces. The studios are home to a mix of artists with a range of contemporary art practices at different stages of their careers, who share Te Tuhi’s kaupapa.
2021 Graduate Studio Residency
Te Tuhi is offering a recent Masters level graduate artist one year of free studio accommodation within Te Tuhi Studios at Parnell Station. For the 2021 calendar year, the recipient will have 24-hour access to a 10m2 studio within a space shared with three other artists. Studios are furnished with basic lighting and have access to a shared kitchenette and toilets. The recipient will also receive mentoring and studio visits from Te Tuhi’s Executive Director, Programme Manager and other arts professionals.
All studio artists have a fixed-term license with Te Tuhi. This includes clauses to ensure the protection of the heritage building, and the safety of fellow studio residents and members of the public. For detailed information on Te Tuhi’s studio artist criteria and expectations, read the studio policy here.
Connells Bay Sculpture Trust
Connells Bay Sculpture Trust is a charitable trust whose purpose is to promote visual and performing arts and culture in Aotearoa New Zealand. Its main activities include:
- Commissioning, maintaining and operating the Connells Bay Sculpture Park.
- Supporting artists and organisations with donations and grants.
- Supporting community organisations.
The selected artist is not required to make an object or exhibition, but they will receive curatorial feedback and up to half a day of technical support, as required. They will be expected to present at least one talk about their practice and participate in two open studio events during the year.
To be eligible for the residency, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have completed a Master of Arts, Master of Fine Arts or equivalent programme of study in 2019, 2020 or 2021.
- Not be enrolled in full or part-time study for an undergraduate, postgraduate or equivalent programme during the residency period.
- Be a resident of Aotearoa New Zealand with the right to stay in the country for the entire duration of the residency.
Please send a completed application form as a single PDF to email@example.com. If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact us here.
We are not currently accepting applications for the Graduate Studio Residency. To stay up to date with future opportunities, join our mailing list here.
back to Awards & residencies