Applications will be assessed across a range of criteria, including suitability of activity to space available, artistic practice, and the contribution a tenant might make to Te Tuhi’s vision for the space. Applicants may be invited to an interview to discuss their application.
Please submit your registration of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the following information in a single PDF file, 6MB max:
- Contact details (Name, phone number, email)
- Statement on your practice (600 words max) – We would like to hear about your background, practice and current artistic and/or theoretical interests.
- Briefly describe the type of media you work in, materials you use, etc.
- What will the studio be used for?
- Are there any noise/dust/waste materials/fume issues we should be aware of?
- Are there any specific requirements, including accessibility, that you have for a studio?
- How would you best describe your situation? (full-time arts practitioner, part-time arts practitioner, recent graduate, recreational/hobbyist, other: describe)
- How do you anticipate contributing to the studio artist community, Te Tuhi, Tāmaki Makaurau Auckland or the wider arts sector by occupying a space at Te Tuhi Studios?
Please also include the following:
- A curriculum vitae (no more than two pages)
- A selection of up to 10 images of your work as JPGs, PNG or PDF files. Please provide captions, text and links to video and sound works stored on the internet – please do not send us WeTransfer links.
For applicants who would prefer not to apply in writing, we are happy to accept audio or audiovisual files that address the above criteria and are no longer than five minutes in length.
back to Te Tuhi Studios at Parnell Station